24 March 2008

I'm tired

I don't know how else to put it. I'm worn the hell out. Yesterday was Easter and since I was going to be spending it at BP's house and since this was the first time in a year that both her daughters would be in town as well as her sister, I offered to do some family photos for them. I haven't been taking as many photos lately, certainly not as much as I'd like so I thought it would do a good thing and get some practice in. Now, I last did photos for this family way back in 2005 at another of her sister's house in NJ for her son's 1st birthday party. All her siblings were there as well as their mother. It took FOREVER to get all these very lively, boisterous folks to take decent photos BUT I got some great photos of their family which turned out to be a wonderful thing since their mother passed away a few months later. I ended taking the last photos of them and their mother together. So anyway, I told them the day before to get dressed and be ready to take photos, no t-shirts, no sweat, they had to look decent. I got there a little after 4 PM, only BP was dressed. I didn't start taking pictures til just after 7 PM, I took my last photo around 10. Yes, three freakin' hours. Three hours to take some family photos of FIVE people. Ugh. In all honesty, it wasn't that bad, I mean, BP's sister totally cracks me up and I enjoy being creative with the camera, but I certainly didn't expect it to take that long. Anyway, it was totally worth it when I saw some of the photos I took. They came out great! I'm so happy! All that work paid off.

I was so excited when I eventually got home, that I just had to download the pictures to my computer (instead of the crappy laptop) and view them on my nice monitor. They look even better! There is some tweaking to be done, but I'm really happy with the result. I ended up going to bed around 1:30 AM which sucks because Monday's are crazy and I usually have to get up at 7 AM which is exactly what I did, 12 hours later, my brain is mush and I could go to bed right now if it were dark out. I think I can manage a couple more hours then it's night time for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home