05 March 2008

IRS

I got my taxes done this afternoon with the same accountant who does our company's finances, he worked his magic and sifted through all the paperwork and receipts I brought and I got decent Federal and state tax refunds. This, coupled with Mr. Bush's economic stimulus check, I'll be able to pad the nest egg OR do something more fun with it like take a trip in the fall. I'm fairly certain I will be taking two of my teenage nephews to my alma mater for a football game. They will freakin' love it and I will be able to see many college friends who haven't seen me in a while. There are also a couple of people there I want to visit, one of them is a old mentor of mine, well, she's not old, but she had a HUGE influence on me especially during my senior year of college. I remember wanting to be her, she was the epitome of grace and strength. I hope to take her out to dinner and mostly share my deepest gratitude.

I also went out and paid a very ridiculous $3.15 per gallon of gas! That's it, that's what my refund will be buying...

Weight this morning was 261.2 lbs, down 1.4 lbs from yesterday, for a grandtotal of 255.4 lbs lost. I'm getting closer to being able to say I've lost 1/2 my body weight. Crazy, ain't it? I have lost all that weight and still haven't lost 1/2 my body weight yet. Just a few more pounds though, less than 3, I think.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel blessed: we're paying $3.35 per gallon at the "cheap place" here in Northern Calif.

*sigh*

March 6, 2008 at 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home