20 February 2008

Good Things

I've decided to indulge in some of the things I really enjoy tomorrow for my birthday. This whole pituitary tumor thing is bumming me out therefore, I am going to make an effort to bring a little joy to my day, maybe it'll snap me out of this funk. So far I have the following:

1. Play tennis.
2. Go clothes shopping at a store other than Wal-mart/Target and pick up something nice.
3. Get my hair done.
4. Take some photographs of myself with my cute hair and cute clothes.
5. Watch Lost with some good friends.
6. Buy myself something I really want...at the moment it's 6 wooden poster-sized frames for the artwork I just purchased recently.

I think that's good. Odds are 50/50 that my mom will actually remember my birthday and call. Nothing to get upset about as I'm the youngest of 12 kids and when you tack on 25+ grandkids and 10 great grands, I'm just happy she remembers my name! LOL! I'm only half kidding, I can't tell you how many times she's called me one of my sister's names. My dad will call though, that's not even a question.

I'm writing Dr. Marchesini an update letter to let him know how I am doing and mostly just to ask him what he thinks my goal weight should be at this point in time. Initially, he said 250-ish and I am just about there. I would, however, like to lose at least another 50-70 more lbs. I'll see what he says.

I'm working on my testimonial for support group meeting tomorrow. I am bringing in three items of clothes, one, a pair of shorts I wore in Brazil (size 64 waist) and my favorite gray shirt (size 5/6X). I haven't worn either in over a year I don't think. The last item of clothing is a pair of size 10 pants that Beth gave me. They are my goal pants. One way or another, I am getting in them! When I look at my old clothes I am just flat out amazed, I can't believe I wore them, especially the shorts because I clearly remember them being tight enough that I didn't need a belt, in fact, the belt was too tight! It's just incredibly wild. I'm going to put them on tomorrow and take a few pics and send to Dr. M. I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it.

I actually had a few phone calls from the doctor's office concerning my upcoming MRI. They asked me a bunch of questions like am I claustrophobic (no) and do I have any metal clips in my body (uhm...no), that kind of thing. My last phone call, they gave me my appointment date, February 29th at 8:30 AM. They are submitting my info for approval but didn't want to wait til they got it before scheduling me. Tomorrow, I just have to pick up the orders and wait til the 29th. Easy as pie. Mmmmm, pie.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well happy birthday! Go YOU!!

Jules

February 23, 2008 at 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home