29 February 2008

Done!

Finally, my MRI was performed this morning and what an ordeal! Actually, it wasn't all that bad, the worst part was the lady trying to find a vein in my left arm, then the back of my hand, then finally calling another lady who found a vein in my right arm. I don't know what it is, but the last few nurses have had a hard time finding veins for me and it's so annoying. Today it really hurt -- enough for me to say "OUCH!", in fact, it still freakin' hurts! Not fun. The MRI, in and of itself, was as loud and as boring as I had heard and read. Mine took about an hour and I really tried not to move as I didn't want to have to do it over. A couple of times, I wanted to fall asleep, but I had to fight the urge as, again, I could just see myself nodding off and allowing my head to cock to the side. Nope, I was all about the "one and done." Luckily, the MRI machine was an open one so my fears of claustrophobia didn't come to fruition, but I did have a few moments of feeling like I might be getting to a point where I felt like I couldn't breathe. Hard to describe accurately, but my head was in this thing and the top of the MRI was probably less than 8 inches from my face. I definitely felt like if I were a panicky person, I would have panicked. All in all, not as horrific as I thought it could be. I should have the results mid-week, now I feel like I can relax a little and just calm the heck down.

That's exactly what I am going to do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home