26 May 2008

Just as I thought...

... coming home has been rough. I haven't much been in the mood for much of anything lately and work has been a pain in the ass. I was looking forward to my tennis lesson yesterday, but it got canceled because of the holiday, so I opted to watch a Law & Order: Criminal Intent marathon on my couch. Yes, exciting stuff. I plan to go out today and actually be social, maybe head out to the park and hit some tennis balls.

I haven't much felt like blogging, at times I feel like there is too much ground to cover, but mostly I feel like there isn't much to say. I almost feel like I need to hit the reset button to get things, my routine, my life going again. I did go out and actually enjoyed myself Saturday afternoon, a little retail therapy never hurts! I mostly bought things for the house, some new rugs, some artwork, etc. It was fun and nice to get out and get my mind off of things. I came home afterwards and started on decluttering my house even more. After a few hours of that I have seven bags of stuff that I took to Goodwill with the promise of even more. Expunging that crap is somewhat liberating.

I love my DS, it's truly an amazing thing. I've been eating like total crap lately, like for the past several weeks and still I get smaller although the scale isn't so kind. I'm not too worried. I'm essentially at my doctor's goal and could stop losing weight and be considered a rousing success. I have different ambitions, of course, I'm looking to lose around 50-60 more by the end of the year which I think is more than doable. I found a pair of 16's that I snagged a couple months ago from a friend at support group who had brought in a lot of her old clothes. I can't get them past my hips, when I can and they actually look good and I can breathe in them, I'd seriously consider myself done.

There is a big shin-dig this Thursday night that I am very much looking forward to. It's a gathering of internet/web creative types with cocktails and such. I should see a lot of my old colleagues, folks I haven't seen in years, it'll be nice to see their reactions. Hopefully, I'll meet some interesting people with interesting things to say and hopefully I can look cute! I'm sure I will!

Happy Memorial Day, y'all! Much love to all the veterans, soldiers and their families! I'm an Army brat so I certainly understand what Memorial Day is all about. Much love to my dad today! He served a tour in Korea and three tours in Vietnam, he's gotten several commendations, a Purple Heart and 2 or 3 Bronze Stars. Today, I know he remembers the friends he's lost in both those wars and I'm sure it ain't easy.

Anywho, gonna get some work done this AM and then get the heck out of here! I advise all of y'all to head out and get some sun as well!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home