03 August 2007

What would I have done?

Ann's post about Star Jones got me thinking. My feelings about the whole subject are very similar to hers. I wish Star would have readily admitted what she had done instead of all the bobbing and weaving, but I understand the fear and I thank God above that I am a private citizen and every ounce of my privacy isn't fodder for the tabloids. Like Ann, if asked directly, I will answer the question, but I ain't volunteering jack. I have had a couple of situations in the past from people (mostly medical professionals) where I've had to explain the whole thing -- including going to Brazil -- and I don't want to have to do that for every single person that has known me before surgery unless it's someone that I think may get some benefit. Truth be told, I have mixed feelings about it. I am meeting a dear friend for lunch next week that I haven't seen in over two years. The last time he saw me, I looked very different. The pic on the left was taken four months after I last saw him and 11 months before I had my DS. The one on the right was taken last Sunday:

When I think about the people who currently know and the ones that don't, one of the ones that don't is another friend of mine who I have known since we were freshmen in college. He is the one getting married in Barbados. I wonder how he'll react to knowing that I went through all this and didn't tell him. He's a big fitness/work out buff and played varsity sports in college. Not that I think he would react negatively about it, but I think that maybe he would have suggest diet/exercise (roll eyes) as a solution.

I am not ashamed of my surgery because I have lived the truth behind it and I know how difficult this is and how hard I've worked but I don't feel like I have to share my story with everybody all the time. The other part of it is that in "real" life, I don't really like a lot of attention. I know I babble on and on here, but I am a really shy person so I'm not one to really talk about myself in the first place. The only exception to that is support group.

Anyway, my weight from the last few days:
7/28 - 307.0
7/29 - 307.8 - Endoscopy
7/30 - 307.8
7/31 - 311.4
8/1 - 314.2
8/2 - 312.6
8/3 - 312.0

Oh well, it may be residual effects from the poor eating on Sunday and the cheese I had a few days ago. After the last two months I've had, I ain't panicking just yet. Alrighty then, time to actually get the little work I do have, done.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap, woman - you look AWESOME!! Look at that picture on the right, will you? LOOK AT IT. Fabulous.

Longtime reader, first-time commenter.

August 9, 2007 at 3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home