27 July 2007

Waiting...

I bought some new toys for my camera. I bought a Nikon SB-600 Speedlight Flash, Sto-Fen Omni-Bounce Flash Diffuser and a Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens. Combined with the camera itself (Nikon D80) and my two lenses (18-135mm & 70-300mm) I think this will work well for the different types of photography I like to do. I am especially happy about the flash. Flash photography is my weakest skill by far so I want to get better before my friend's wedding in October. I am not the photographer, but I'd love to see how well I can do on my own.

As I sit and wait to leave to go to my endoscopy later this afternoon, I just realized I crossed the 200 lbs loss mark from my surgery weight. The difference between my highest weight and my surgery weight is 6.6 lbs. Unfortunately I do not know how much I weighed on the day of surgery because I actually weighed like 5 days before. I did weighed before I left Brazil and somehow lost weight by the time I got there. I think much of that was stress related. The trip over sucked big time. Long story, short I should have gotten the wheelchair service. Anyway, I weighed 510.0 lbs at Dr. Marchesini's clinic the day after I arrived and today I weighed in at 309.6 lbs. Woo-hoo! Buh-bye 310's.

Anywho, assuming I'm coherent at all, I will hopefully get some meaningful info from the doc about the endoscopy and pass it on. I will certainly let y'all know!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holding good thoughts for the endoscopy. Never had one ... fingers crossed.

July 27, 2007 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Chilena said...

you bought yourself some serious gear!

I'm a photographer as well (an newbie trying to get a little something going to try and call it a business). I also just got the 50mm 1.8 lens (except mine is all Canon gear). I stink at using flash too, haven't yet bought myself any good flash gear though because it's too expensive!

Have fun with your new toys!

July 30, 2007 at 5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home