25 July 2007

Goal Weight

I guess it's one of those days when I feel like blogging (rambling) a lot.

I've been thinking about goal weight. According to Dr. Marchesini, it's 250 lbs and with plastics, I'd probably end up in the 200-225 range. I think I have a lot of excess skin. That would mean, I am also about 60 lbs away from that goal which would also mean I've lost 77% of my excess weight so far. Right now I am about an 18 on top and a 26 on bottom. 60lbs from now, I'm not sure where I'd end up. At one point, I had said my goal was 175 lbs, but I have pretty much tossed that out. That is probably way too low for me I think, especially considering my height and bone structure. It would give me a normal weight BMI, but I'm not sure that is healthy. Right now I think I've settled on 199.8 lbs, which puts me at I think around 65% EWL. I am cool with that plus it puts me solidly in the overweight BMI category, at 250 lbs, I'd still be considered obese. I do believe those 25 lbs make a big difference and most importantly, I have to see onderland. I've heard so many tales of how wonderful it is there, I'd like to see for myself. An acceptable compromise would be around 225 lbs pre-plastics. I know I'd have 20+ lbs of skin, at least, and after all is said and done, I'd be stable in the 200 lbs range anyway.

When I think about it, there are a few more milestones for me before I hit goal, special weights that when I hit will mean something. The most immediate one is 299. I was probably 18 years old the last time I weighed 299. Then there's 257, the weight I weighed when I left for college when I was at the doctor's office trying every trick I could think of to manipulate his scale. Then there's 216 lbs so that I might say I've lost an even 300 and the last one is 199.8 itself.

I know I will need plastic surgery. Looking at my arms and thighs, I know by the time I hit goal, it'll be necessary, but honestly, I'm in no rush to have surgery again AND from what I hear it's like 10 times more painful. Truth be told, the only thing that sucked about the DS surgery was getting up and out of bed, but then that was a non issue after awhile. I never had any serious pain.

Size-wise, a dream would be to wear a size 10 jeans, but I'm not sure with my structure (specifically my hips!) that's going to happen. I'd be content in 12/14s. The next several months will tell the tale as far as sizes go. My bottom half has some catching up to do.

Right now I am wearing one of the many company shirts I have kept that I've acquired through the years that I never got to wear. It's an XL and I half can't believe I have it on. It's been almost 11 months and it still boggles the mind. I find myself trying on clothes that have long since become way to big and I try to comprehend that I was that big. What really trips me out is that it's hard to believe that I am as different as the difference really is, if that makes any sense. I look at my favorite shirt that I mentioned a few days ago and it looks like a tarp you'd cover a boat with. It's just absolutely insane...

Yeah well, hump-day is nearly over so only a couple more days of massive boredom and it's the weekend. Maybe if I am lucky the doctor's office will call and schedule my endoscopy for Friday so I won't have to go to work!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Aussieabroad said...

It's funny T - you mention your dream size as size 10 pants... I can't even fathom that for myself. The last 'small' size I can remember is an Australian 16 which is a US/Canadian 14. I'm not sure I can get my head around anything smaller...lol.

Which leads me to... size 18 on top... damn woman that's incredible! Sounds like you're shrinking top down. I've too noticed that the hips are the last to go. I'm still firmly an 18 across my widest parts.

Post some pictures... its been too long!

July 26, 2007 at 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home