17 July 2007

Worried parents

Sunday night during like the 15 minutes my dad wasn't at church, I told him, with much joy about me reaching the 200 lb loss mark. He expressed happiness like I expected him to but then he switched to "concerned father" mode when he asked me if I was done losing weight. I wanted to say "Uh...no, I still have 100 more lbs to go!" but I played coy and said "I don't know... maybe a few more." My dad doesn't know what my starting weight was so he has no frame of reference so hearing "200 lbs" sets him in panic mode. Actually, this raises an issue I have been thinking about. There are very few people in my day to day life who know what my start weight was and as my weight loss continues, I feel less and less comfortable spouting numbers. I know my dad is worried, my mom too (they both don't know where I started) so I may have to start being a little vague with them and most people for that matter. I don't know...

Anyway, thank you all so much for showing me the love! This blog, meeting so many wonderful people online and at support group have really saved me, I really truly feel blessed and humbled. I'm so used to operating in obscurity that it's nice to be out there and share and learn and grow with a group of wonderful people who are on the same journey as me. Much love, y'all, much love!!!

The last two days nutrition-wise was right on track:
Sunday:
M1: Isopure RTD (40g)
M2: Scrambled egg & w/sausage in 1TB butter (31g)
M3: Atkins Granola bar (17g)
M4: South Beach Meal replacement bar (19g)
M5: Beef hotdogs - natural (24g)
M6: Ham steak (26g)
M7: Homemade chili (35g)
M8: Isopure RTD (40g)

Totals: 2886 calories, 184g fat, 77g carbs, 232g protein.

That looks like a lot, and it is, but two of those "meals" were protein drinks and another two were protein bars.

Monday:
M1: Isopure RTD (40g)
M2: Scrambled egg & w/sausage in 1TB butter (31g)
M3: Atkins Double Crunch bar (11g)
M4: Bratwurst (20g)
M5: Beef hotdogs - natural (24g)
M6: Atkins Granola bar (17g)
M7: Bratwurst (20g)
M8: Isopure RTD (40g)

Totals: 2656 cals, 183g fat, 56g carbs, 203g protein.

I am finishing up my Isopure then it's back to Nectar Roadside Lemonade. I also probably need a little more veggies in my diet...ugh.

Yesterday I weighed in at 315.8 lbs and today, I weighed in at 315.2 lbs. Things seem to have slowed down, which is absolutely fine with me, as long as there is a trend downward, I am happy.

I have a friend who, last I heard is getting married in Barbados in mid-October. I haven't gotten an announcement in the mail yet nor have I talked to the friend in a couple of months. Something tells me that the wedding might be a no-go. I'm not sure and I'm trying to find a gracefully way to broach the subject with him given that I am not sure the wedding is still on because I would love to go to Barbados. I have never been to the Caribbean nor does he have any clue that I had surgery so it would be good times all around! We'll see...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home