11 July 2007

10K

In the comments from yesterday's post, Kim suggests I do a local 10K on Labor Day. That's like 7 weeks away, ain't it? I think I just might. Several months ago I had wanted to do the Peachtree Road Race, but that didn't happen. I was also probably like 100 lbs heavier when I made the pronouncement. The route is crazy hilly and it'll be hot as hell, but Kim is right, what an accomplishment that will be. I will be walking it, of course, but still. I just need to figure out how to train for it. I can probably walk a 4 level miles with no problem. I need to work up to doing 5 or 6 hilly ones. Getting a little excited... I need to get some proper sneakers.

Yesterday, I ate almost 2800 calories, 181 grams of protein, 194 grams of fat and 89 grams of carbs, I'm not sure how much of that was fiber. I weighed in this morning at 326.0 lbs. Funny thing is, I probably could have eaten more yesterday, but I didn't want to have something heavy sitting in my stomach so late in the evening. I should be getting my Nectar and other goodness hopefully today. I also bought some Atkins Granola Bars which will replace the South Beach Cereal Bars I've been having. Between swapping the Muscle Milk for Nectar and South Beach bars for Atkins, that should reduce the carb count significantly.

With this 10K notion in my head, I'm wondering what other adjustments I will need to make. We'll see.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home