30 June 2007

Month 10

Oh what a month it has been. As has been well documented here, I have been having a time of it this month, which in retrospect seems to be the direct opposite of month 9 where it seemed I could do no wrong. Month 10 was a struggle on several levels and I don't hesitate to say, one of my more difficult months, mostly for emotional reasons. I would like to think that going through these types of things that I learned something and I think I did. I learned I need to listen to my body more. I learned that crap in, even in small amounts, usually equals "crap" out in seemingly larger amounts. I learned that I need to trust the surgery and trust that it is working even when the scale doesn't show it. I should trust how I feel, how my clothes fit as signs of progress. Most importantly though, I learned I have some truly great friends out there, Kim, Ann and Deluzy, I have to send my heartfelt thanks for really supporting me and keeping me up. You are all amazing women and I am thankful that you are in my life. Y'all rock!!!

I had contemplated doing a whole pipe cleansing routine this weekend, but have decided not to. I have been taking fiber supplements and Colace every night and that seems to have regulated things a little bit and the scale has been moving at a good clip as of late. I started the month at 335.4 lbs. I hit 341.6 lbs on the 20th and as late as the 22nd, I weighed higher than what I started the month. This morning I weighed in at 325.2 lbs for a total loss for the month of 10.2 lbs for a grand total loss of 191.4 lbs. Honey, I will take it! Buh-bye 330's!

I am really going to take Ann's advice and stop thinking about goals in such strict parameters -- losing X lbs by Y date. I don't think it helps and I don't think it's healthy, plus it totally bums me out when things go "wrong." I am going to try to focus on the numbers that really matter: grams of protein and ounces of water.

Since it is the end of the quarter, I have a ton of work to do for my company so I'll be spending the weekend indoors, but I do plan on making a trip to the bookstore for a little R&R tomorrow. I haven't been in awhile and it'll be nice to get out to a place I love going to.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mamacita Chilena said...

ahhh, the bookstore. I miss Barnes and Nobles more than anything else in the US!

Glad to see you are able to keep up a positive attitude after a hard month.

congrats on the weight loss, that's amazing!

July 4, 2007 at 12:08 AM  
Blogger Aussieabroad said...

How are you doing Tia? I've been checking in for updates... ;)

Happy 4th of July - hope you're having a great one

Ann

July 4, 2007 at 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home