12 July 2007

Whoa

Around 10:30 AM it hits me like a giant wave. I gotta go and I gotta go NOW. So very unusual for me. I did the deed, was washing my hands then same feeling but 10 times more urgent. Thank God I was still in the bathroom. I'm not sure what's going on with my innards, but boy oh boy, are they keeping me on my toes.

This morning weighed in at exactly 327.0 lbs which was disappointing but after my mid morning episode, I'm not too worried about it anymore. I haven't been able to get in the calories that I have been getting in the last few days, but I should be okay on protein. As of right now, I am at around 1900 calories, 210 grams of protein (80g from two Isopure Zero Carb drinks), 96g of fat and 48g carbs. I am about to make a batch of my favorite DS-friendly chili and if I have a cup of that, then those numbers will certainly rise. It's been a protein drink heavy day for me since I had to do a bit more running around than I usually do. I also had two Muscle Milks. This won't be a pattern, just one of those days.

I never thought of myself as stubborn, but I am having a hard time convincing myself that I need to really severely limit chicken in my diet. I can eat beef, pork, turkey, sausages, all kinds of stuff and it not give me issues like chicken does and I'm not talking about dry chicken breast. I'm talking juicy dark meat, I can't do it anymore, but damnit, it's freakin delicious. I hate having to give up a food. I gave up cheese for months, then reintroduced it this week and now it's needs to go as well. Sucks. Same thing with wheat based products. I bought a loaf of Nature's Own Double Fiber Wheat - has 5grams of fiber per slice. I figured I could have a slice of toast and one slice a cheese a day and be okay. I don't think so...I was eating it early in the AM and then by 2:30ish, major stinky gas. It's just not working out. This is something all DSers go through and I'm no different. For posterity's sake here are the food or food groups I have to stay away from:

1. All dairy except for butter. The biggest offenders are milk & cream. Effect on the system: Diarrhea, severe bloating, malaise and gas. I can't bring myself to exclude butter. Butter goes with everything!
2. Chicken. Effect: Constipation.
3. Gluten based products, doesn't matter if it is whole grain or not. It's all off limits. Effect: Gas and bloating.
4. Sugar. Effect: Gas and bloating.

I almost had to pull over today in my car this morning. First time I noticed that my hips do not touch the car door. I fit in the seat like a normal person! Woo-hoo!!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home