14 July 2007

Progress is good

Today I am going to try to do something about all the clothes I can no longer wear because they are now taking up massive amounts of room in my closet. I was feeling a little chilly last night and I went in my closet and grabbed my absolute favorite shirt. It's a grey pullover I bought 6 or 7 years ago that I toss over whatever I am wearing as an extra layer of clothing. I love this thing, but when I put it on last night, oh my goodness, I was swimming in it. I was so bummed. I wore it for a good hour before it became just too big for me to feel comfortable in so I took it off knowing I will never wear it again. I can't be the only person to mourn items of clothing like that. I will be keeping it however along with one pair of jeans from my pre-surgery days to remind me of where I've come.

I tried a new protein bar yesterday, the South Beach Diet Meal Replacement Bar - Cinnamon Creme. Delicious. It was like a dessert. 220 calories, 19 grams of protein, 7 grams of fat and 26 grams of carbs of which 6 were fiber and something like 17g of sugar alcohol. Not the greatest carb numbers, but sugar alcohols are pretty benign right? Well...I did have some gas issues, but nothing major. I think I will probably buy one or two in the future if I ever crave something dessert-y, but I am not going to make them a part of my daily routine.

This morning I weighed in at 319.6 lbs, that's a 3 lb loss since yesterday, 5.6 for the month for a total loss of 197.0 lbs exactly. I am closing in on two big milestones, one the 200 lb loss mark and two, my one year anniversary. I am really looking forward to doing my one year before and after photos and just really enjoying the day.

I am trying really REALLY hard to not make any date specific weight loss goals, but it is so easy to fall into the mode. I am going to focus more on other numbers - protein/carbs/fat/calories/water -- they are a lot more tenable. Yesterday I had 2665 calories, 166g fat, 67g carbs and 228g of protein.

I'm off to go run some errands before I tackle my freakin' closet....ugh. Do I dare say buh-bye to the 320's??? We will see what tomorrow brings.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home