14 July 2007

Twoterville...not too far away.

So I got my music going in the background and I start daydreaming while I'm sorting and folding mounds of clothes I haven't seen in two years and it occurs to me that I'm 19.8 lbs away from being under 300 lbs and I kid you not, I had a moment of panic. Does that make any kind of sense? I think ....*think* I was under 300 when I left for college in 1992, but I am not sure...I vaguely remember seeing 257 at the doctor's office the summer before I left for school. I don't know, it's just hard to imagine. I've been thinking a lot about goal weight (NOT when I hit goal weight, but the actual weight whenever that happens) and it's all very abstract to me. I say I want to be under 200 lbs but the reality of that is something I can't get my head around. I am having a difficult time accepting that I might actually be able to say I lost 200 lbs at some point in the (near?) future. I keep thinking about how I tell my mom when it actually happens "Guess what, mom? I LOST 200 POUNDS!!!" I don't feel like I lost nearly 200 lbs. My business partner is prone to ask me if I "feel better". I don't know...sometimes I want to choke her for asking me that all the time, but honestly, I feel about the same as I have the past 100 lbs. It's all incremental changes from here on out. I'm slowly shrinking and the only real reminder is the freakin scale and my clothes. It's difficult to step back three months and say X, Y and Z are so much more better/easier/more pleasant.

Let me just say, that I am ecstatic to be closing in on the number. No doubt. I came across the pictures I took with Dr. Marchesini and Kevin, my switch buddy, on the day of our post-surgery followup. I must have stared at that picture for five full minutes. I have a folder on my computer titled "Untold Horror" with the few, and I mean few, pictures of me taken during the past 3-4 years. There is one in particular that really pushed me over the edge. Anyway, the journey just trips me out sometimes and other times I forget that I look helluva lot different than I used to.

Here is my food for the day:

M1: Isopure (40g)
M2: 2 eggs, one sausage and 1 TB butter, scrambled (31g)
M3: Atkins granola bar (17g)
M4: Oscar Meyer Natural Beef Hot Dogs (24g)
M5: Atkins Double Crunch bar (11g)
M6: Smoked Ham (26g)
M7: Isopure RTD (40g)
M8: Homemade Chili (35g)

Grand Totals: 2816 cals, 184g fat, 69g carbs, 224g protein. I ditched the chicken, can't do it.

Gonna take my evening vits and watch Babel.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tia,

Congrats on (almost) reaching the 200 lbs lost mark. That's quite an accomplishment. I read your blog every day--I really enjoy your writing.

I was wondering if you could give me an idea of what the cost for your surgery was--even a ballpark figure? Dr. M's site is down for some reason. I don't have health insurance and I was just curious to see if that would be an option for me (self pay, out of country).

You can e-mail that to me, if you like, but please don't post my e-mail address. Thanks.

tuxedo_mountain at yahoo dot com.

Thanks,

J.

July 15, 2007 at 4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey T-

Babel sucked for me.

Anyway, I think your eating more is going to work. I was looking at while I was tracking my food before I was supposed to see Dr. Smith. You were eating less than me in calories. You have to keep that metabolism up, up!! This is not a diet. You are a machine and yes you can do the 10k with out a doubt. Get your miles up a touch and it will be smooth sailing. It is also some goal to look forward to that does not have a number attached to it per se. Also, publix puts on a good food spread immediately after the race.

So, come on along!

July 15, 2007 at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home