19 July 2007

Hmmmmm.....

So yesterday, my business partner informs me that someone we used to work with at another company emailed her asking to go to lunch. I was like "wha-?" Let me paint the picture. BP and I started our business in early 2005 after we both left the same company. She had been there 3 months, me two years and had endured a crapload of agony and distress from the biggest jerk of an asshole rat bastard CEO ever. He is one of the most morally corrupt human beings I have ever come across.

While I was at a doctor's appt, he fired a bunch of people and a few that I hired in my department and of course I heard about this while I was out. When I got there, he basically said that I had to kiss his ass in order to keep my job. After enduring a bunch of crap from him for over a year and finally standing my ground a little bit the previous couple of months, he didn't like it and so tried to make me "beg" for my job. Needless to say, in polite terms I told him to !@#$-off and I left and never looked back. BP was super-pissed, more than me and she only had to deal with him for 3 months, I had two years of that crap. I was done and I am at the point that seeing him doesn't even bother me. I've seen him, in fact, at a couple of trade shows and it did not bother me at all, I don't want to waste a millisecond of my life on his butt anymore.

BP and I started our company from scratch, in the same industry, and for a good 6-8 months he waged a campaign against us, threatening to sue, badmouthing us to our mutual vendors to try to stop them from working with us, all kinds of stuff. We made the decision from the get-go to take the high road and do everything by the book which paid off because all his ranting and raving was for naught. Fast forward to yesterday, come to find out Asshole (as we refer to him as) has gotten das boot and is no longer in the company ... whoa ... a company he started. I have no idea how that happened and I'm not sure I cares.

What it looks like is happening is that the company got some new investors in and had heard about what transpired back in 2005 and I suspect that the lunch with BP and our former colleague is a fishing expedition. I don't believe for one second, that this is just a friendly lunch between "friends" all of a sudden since we hadn't heard from this girl since we left. So, I'm really REALLY curious about how this lunch thing is going to go. I think Asshole didn't believe we would be successful, I don't think any of those folks did, yet here we are.

So anyway, my mind is flooded with all kinds of scenarios about what this lunch means. It could be completely innocuous, I have no idea, I guess I will find out in a couple of hours.

Moving on... my nutrition yesterday sucked since my little world was all abuzz with the news about Asshole and the lunch request, I didn't eat as much as I normally do. I ended up with around 2000 calories and 155g of protein, today, however will be better. This morning I weighed in at 314.4 lbs. Woo-hoo!

Tonight is support group! Yea!!! So excited!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home