25 July 2007

Hairstory

I must change mine. I don't like it any more. In the past 6 months it has thinned out a good bit and I don't think it looks all that good. All the volume is gone and it's just limp and lame. If my sister is reading this now then I know she is rolling her eyes, she is well-versed in long history of my hair issues. Anywho, I may have to go the short route. I had short hair for years, here is a picture, in fact:

This had to be 2002 or 2003 and I probably weighed around 380-390 lbs, I think. I'm not sure. Anyway, hair this length was great, I've had much shorter hair and I loved that too, but this length was perfect. Right now, the front and sides are the thinnest and combing and curling it everyday at it's current length is not so good. The other option is to go shorter such that I won't have to curl anymore.

The other option is some kind of weave ... I'm not sure that is for me AND I'm not convinced that doesn't do more harm that good. Me thinks it's time to consult a stylist of some sort. This is Atlanta and there are like a million of them which was the problem the last time I decided to find one, so if by chance anyone out there in Internet land knows a good stylist in the ATL area that is well experienced in African American hair, then please let me know! Bonus points if this person has experience with post-ops!

Update:
That shirt I am wearing in the picture is a 4X, it was a shirt I absolutely loved and never wore in public because at that time it was too small. I've had that shirt for probably 8-9 years. That shirt now is WAY too big and is now in the pile of clothes I don't even try to fool myself into thinking that it's still okay to wear. Amazing...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home