27 July 2007

What's a fundus?

Apparently, I have an ulcer. The paperwork they gave me says the following:

During the procedure we found the following:

- Ulcer in the fundus (biopsy)
- Otherwise normal EGD to second part of the duodenum

Our recommendations are as follows:
- Resume taking your current medications
- Maintain a high fiber diet
- Call the office in seven days to obtain your biopsy reports
- PPI therapy and antibiotics if H. Pylori positive

The doc gave me a prescription for Protonix. I haven't had time nor the mental acumen to process all this right now -- I am surprisingly (at least to me) sleepy and am going to take it easy and see how many protein drinks I can swallow in the next 2-3 hours. I am starving. More coherent thoughts tomorrow.

Thanks to all who have been thinking about me!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home