02 August 2007

Woo-hoo!

Well, I know what I am doing this weekend...taking lots and lots of pictures. I got the toys for my camera and I'm so giddy, I could dance the jig! I am "working" from home tomorrow so I will have time to do some runnin' around and snap some photos. I am also going to go see Anne in the hospital to see how she is doing. I talked to her sister this afternoon and she is finally out of ICU and in a normal room.

I haven't said this lately, but I love Dr. Marchesini. I emailed him today about all my latest travails and he got back to me in a couple of hours. He said that to have my albumin checked so I will to see if I still need to do the 200+ grams of protein a day. My albumin levels have been in the normal range since surgery through mid-May. I have no idea what it is now, but I'm going to contact my PCP and see if I can get the blood tests done. Truth be told, I'd rather stick to around 100-120 grams of protein a day if I can. It's just much easier to deal with. It also looks like I will be taking Protonix for a good long while -- just another pill to add to the regimen. Since I'm negative for H. Pylori then it's just a case of my body producing excess stomach acid and there isn't much I can do to fix that. Dr. M says to stay away from spicy foods and alcoholic beverages. The spicy foods might be a little hard, but I have no problem with completely excluding alcohol since I don't drink or like it anyway. No problem.

I'm curious as to whether the Protonix will affect my weight loss and how. I've noticed in the last few days sensations of edema in my lower legs even though I am still eating like a mad woman, but then again, I did have some cheese in my chili so it could be that crap working it's way out of my system. I don't know, I guess we'll see.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home