01 April 2008

Good grief...

It's 5:30 in the morning and I've been up for a couple of hours. Typically, I'd be unconscious and loving it right about now, but for some reason I've got a case of insomnia, every time my head hits the pillow, I can't sleep and spend the entire night with an unquiet mind. Very annoying as I haven't had a good night's sleep in a week. I wonder if it is because of my doctor's appointment on Friday, maybe I'm more nervous about it than I think. Yesterday was not good, I tossed and turned all night and finally started feeling sleepy around 6:30, yeah, about 1/2 an hour before I typically get up. I slept through to 9:00 AM, by noon I felt like crap and tried to take a nap, that didn't work so I got up and tried to get through the day, but by 5:00 PM, I was all done and honestly I don't even remember the rest of the day, I was in such a fog. I do know I tried going to bed around 9:00 PM, but just more of the same, I maybe got 3-4 hours of good sleep. Sucks so bad. I'm hoping that I can finally catch some Z's after my appointment Friday...it's amazing what the mind can do, right?

Anyway, I've noticed something that maybe other WLS folks have as well. When I first started to lose weight and it was noticeable, there were several people around me who felt compelled to jump on the health wagon and lose weight as well, y'know, the whole "diet & exercise" thing. Needless to say, eventually, that went by the wayside after several weeks. Now, I see people doing the same thing, especially as I get closer and closer to a "normal" weight and size. Sooner rather than later, I ain't gonna be the "fat one" anymore which I think is causing some folks some anxiety. So very interesting how my weight loss affects some other people. My business partner and her husband are two of the biggest offenders. BP lacks a measure of couth. Y'know, my biggest goal is to see onderland - it's funny, sometimes I make it out to be this mythical, magical place - 199 lbs and I'm a happy girl. BP makes me want to get down to 175, the land of the normal BMI just so that I can rub it in her face. She's the kind of person who engages in a lot of self-deprecating humor which honestly, I don't get, but whatever.

I'm hoping that I can get some sleep this morning, possibly in the next couple of hours. I was trying not to eat anything, I don't want to screw up my poop schedule, but that ain't happening, I'm starving, time to go find some food!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

I totally agree about the fat one thing and other people's dieting. This is happening to me too! My sister has been very supportive, but even the other day she asked when my weight loss would stop. I think she is fearful that I will get to be smaller than her.

Hope you get some rest!

:)
Tiffany

April 1, 2008 at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home