29 March 2008

Good Stuff

I like to pass along good stuff so here we go:

1. Diet Root Beer. God help me, I love this stuff. I'm probably drinking too much of it, but it's such a treat. I'd rather have this than some kind of cookie. I love it ice cold poured over ice. YUM. It's caffeine-free too so instead of dessert, I'll have a big glass of chilled root beer.

2. Grill Mates® Mesquite Marinade. This stuff is amazing, I've been making it for a few weeks now and can't get enough marinated baked chicken. As long as I watch my bake time (375° for 45-50 mins), the chicken is perfect, moist, juicy and goes down easy, MUCH easier than when I did it the old way. I think has a large part to play in my weight loss this month as I've eaten A LOT of chicken instead of sausage and other processed foods.

3. Good Sense Roasted & Salted Soynuts. I first tried soy nuts like a year ago and when I saw them in the store, I figured, why not? They are a great snack, especially when I find myself wanting to mindlessly munch. Per serving: 140 calories, 7g fat, 10g carbs, 5g fiber and 10g of protein.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going great guns, Tia! Woohoo!

And ditto re: the following: "If I am within 90% or greater of my protein goal for the day by the time I am at my last meal, as long as I have protein at that last meal of the day, I can have a high carb side like potatoes or rice OR even a small dessert and it have no effect on my weight loss and it will NOT derail me."

Eating after "goal" is very similar to eating to lose -- in fact, there's no discernible difference, except a *sightly* greater margin of choice.

Thank God for the DS.

March 29, 2008 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Thanks for some new thing to try!

:)
Tiffany

March 30, 2008 at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home