28 June 2008

Moving on...

There have been so many positives in my life since I had my DS that it is impossible to keep count. This past week I truly became cognizant of one in particular, that of inner strength. I made a really "tough" decision this past week that I am going to execute this week. It's one that has been tugging at me for over a year and because of a myriad of things, I couldn't see the truth in a particular situation that I now do. It's not because I'm skinnier that I see it, it's because I've grown emotionally and have developed a stronger sense of self that I can now see myself and my life in a much more positive light and so must make some difficult decisions and do some things that I honestly would not have done had I not had my surgery. Life is funny and life is hard, but life is also filled with so much potential to be happy, but it sometimes requires going through some crap to get there. I won't be able to talk much about it until it's all said and done, but I will say that I am done with the crap and it's now time to move on to better things. I am reminded of that scene in Shawshank Redemption when Tim Robbin's character has to literally crawl through 1/2 a mile of shit to come clean on the other side, that's how I feel right now. I'm crawling through my last hundred yards and when I can see the sky and feel the cool breeze on the other side, I'll know that my life will instantly be better.

It's exciting stuff, y'all, exciting and scary at the same time. If I haven't said it lately, I love my DS!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Amazing isn't it? I will forever be grateful to the mental gift my DS gave me - along with the physical. Never expected it, but it's been so worth it. Wishing you lots of luck and strength.

June 29, 2008 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

The mental aspect of strength you are given is amazing with the DS. I think I was much more of a door mat prior to the DS, but as the pounds shed, so I developed self-confidence for sticking up for myself and my opinions. Whatever you are working through, hats off to you Tia!

:)
Tiffany

June 30, 2008 at 8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girl-

I had an introspective post today myself. You sound well and strong! Woo Hoo! If I can help, I am a phone call away. We can share strength.

Will I see you on Thursday?

July 1, 2008 at 6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home