31 August 2009

Three Years

Can you believe it? Wow. It's hard to even imagine what my life would be like had I not had surgery. I don't think I would be dead, I'd probably be 600+ lbs and largely homebound. I wouldn't be working at my current job (which I enjoy), I wouldn't be playing tennis (which I love) and most likely, I'd be still quite miserable.

A quick rundown of the numbers, I started at 516.6 lbs, lost roughly 285 down to the low 230's and now I bounce around within 10 lbs of that. I am thrilled with my loss! I have lost 114% of what Dr. Marchesini wanted me to lose! I call that a success. I have A LOT of excess skin, but besides that, I look normal...who would have ever thunk it! I can wear a 10/12 on top and a 16/18 on bottom. The vast amounts of excess skin prevent me from getting smaller on the bottom, but I'm mostly cool with it since I'm almost 6' tall.

I am so incredibly thankful and grateful for my life right now. It's been a struggle at times, but frankly, it's been pretty kick-ass too! I am about to embark on a fitness program in the hopes of building some strength and getting leaner, mostly for tennis. I don't have a clue how much more weight I will lose, but my primary concern is become a better tennis player.

What can I say, life is good. I LOVE my DS!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger My journey to weigh loss said...

Congratulations Tia. You are a success story.

September 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger HD Silversmith said...

Always my role model and switch sister ... you're a total DS poster child! xoxo

Alison

September 21, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home