08 December 2008

Not good.

So, something went wrong this weekend. I over-ate when I shouldn't have and spent the better part of an hour Saturday night hurling my brains out. I hurled so much and so violently, I burst quite a few blood vessels in my eyes and face and look downright frightful. I've never had that kind of reaction before. It was horrible. I must be trying to eat more than I need to be consuming because episodes like this always start off with a sensation of food stuck in my esophagus causing an uncomfortable feeling, then I think my esophagus starts to spasm and whatever is stuck has to come up. Lying down and trying to let the feeling pass doesn't seem to help much at all. Ugh. I actually worked from home today to sort of settle myself and was kinda hoping the severe redness would subside some...it really hasn't. Oh well, everything I've read says it'll take a few days so I'll just have to deal with it.

To be honest, it's a little frustrating, but I guess I have to remember that I still need to pace myself, even this far out. The culprit, by the way, was the dreaded chicken breast.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I'm so sorry.

Look, I'm almost exactly three years out, and my tolerance for chicken breast meat simply gets WORSE, not better. Dark meat that's been stewed for a long time? Fine. Breast meat? It's the only food that still makes me barf on a regular basis (i.e., by which I mean, when I eat it).

So as of the last hurling episode a couple months ago (which feel exactly like you describe), I just decided I can't DO it. If it's breast meat, I don't eat it.

As for pacing oneself with eating, yeah, I still have to do that, too. I spent my whole life eating differently; it's not surprising that this doesn't come naturally to me.

xoxo

December 9, 2008 at 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia-

I had some difficulty last night myself. I should have hurled and did not. It was too much food over time, and I did not follow my own cues.

I forget to listen to my body.

I had to wait for it to pass, but it was very painful.

I hope you are feeling better.

December 16, 2008 at 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home