19 October 2008

A better grip

I got my tennis racket's grip redone and it makes so much difference. I had a sore arm and hand all week because I had a death-grip on it during drills Monday night because it was too small. I asked for help and one of the tennis instructors was more than happy to redo my grip for me. This is significant because I still find myself hesitant when I need someone to do something for me, remnants of my 500+ lb self.

During our tennis session today, the same instructor was encouraging me to react quicker to the ball. I still have moments where I suffer from stand there and stare at the ball syndrome. I haven't pushed the limits of my agility yet, I think there's a mental wall there or something. I'm aware of it and will try to move around better. It's hard though because, again, I function within a framework where my mind and my body are not always on the same page as far as ability goes.

Back to work tomorrow...boooo. I kinda liked my long weekend, oh well, gotta pay the bills!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always tell myself "move your ass Kim." Sometimes I have to tell myself that during the point!

October 22, 2008 at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home