10 October 2008

Should be a good one this weekend. Gonna go put my new running shoes through a work out in the morning, then it's Texas v. Oklahoma @ noon. I also gotta run out and buy some computer accessories, I finally have all the major pieces I want assembled together, but need a few cables and such to get the setup right. Woo-hoo! I love nerdy stuff like this. A random comment along the same lines, I ended up using both my 22" monitors, I have them adjusted to the right angles and heights where it works out great. Sunday it's tennis, football and a little excursion with some friends.

The pressure is starting to creep a little at work. We have a few resource deficiencies which means my thoughts of a nice, slow ramp-up to some of the more technically challenging stuff ain't happening and so I have a pretty sharp learning curve over the next 2 months, actually probably through the end of the year. It's a good thing because it keeps my mind occupied. One thing I don't need and don't want is to be bored. I hate being bored.

I sent some pictures of my Dallas trip to my sister in St. Louis, I haven't seen her in about a year. She doesn't think I need to lose anymore weight. I'm getting much more of that nowadays, everytime I talk to my mom she asks me if I've lost any more weight. I keep telling her no or that I'm done even though I am not. I'm trying not to consistently weigh til the end of the month, some mornings I'll hop on pre-poop, just to see and sometimes I'll weigh when I come home from work and have stripped off all my work clothes before I slip into something casual. One thing I've noticed is that it's a completely rare occurrence for me to weigh less when in the evening than in the AM. That used to never happen to me. It's kinda cool, the downside is that the following morning's weigh-in isn't as dramatic a drop, so I guess it all evens out. Anyway, I may do an official weigh-in tomorrow just to gauge progress. I'm still with the Big C, ugh, so that's affecting things. Only way to really resolve it completely, at least temporarily, is to do laxatives, but that means staying close to home all day and I ain't doing that this weekend.

I'm on the hunt for some more restrictive control garments. Spanx and Assets are fine, they work pretty great for the stomach area, but I need more control in the thighs and I haven't so far found anything that works like how I need them to work. There has got to be something out there, I will find it. I had soooo much excess skin in my thighs, and I mean a lot! Pre-surgery, my thighs were the part of my body that were the most grossly disfigured by my weight. With the drastic weight loss, they have proportionately more excess skin than the rest of my body. It can be annoying because it affect the way I walk and the size of pants I can wear. All pants have excess inches in the waist because I have to get larger sizes to account for my thighs. I don't have *that* much more weight to lose, but without a doubt the weight I will be losing will be mostly below my waist. Removing the excess skin around my midsection, stomach and arms would put me in like a size medium t-shirt, there isn't a lot of fat left up there. Below my waist, I plan on being a 12/14 by the end of the year, I'm guessing. That would be awesome!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

I hear you on the thighs...my thighs look AWFUL. I have to be really careful the length of any dress or skirt I get. I need some help in that department too.

On my blog, I was saying thank heavens I had the DS so I didn't have to worry about the fat on those burgers! My favorite thing right now is a Double Cheeseburger from McDonalds, minus one bun.

My PCP called me this morning herself. She is a whiz with bloodwork, which is why I switched to her. I have acidosis now. I am taking mega potassium, and will retest in two weeks. If that doesn't help, I may be looking at some bicarbonate IV treatment. She honestly scared the crap out of me.

Enjoy the game!

October 10, 2008 at 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home