09 September 2008

You know you're losing weight....

.... quicker than you realize when your Spanx start feeling like you're wearing shorts!

Tennis last night was canceled because of rain....boooooo... and again with the rain tonight, so it looks like Thursday, weather permitting, I'll head out to the courts and hit some balls.

I'm headed to Texas next weekend to go see my nephew play football, it's a real life "Friday Night Lights". He's got his eyes set on playing football on Saturdays and has some major college programs with their eyes on him so I can't wait to see him shine. He's such a sweet kid and it'll be fun to see him run around and do his thing. I'm leaving a week from Thursday and will stay through Sunday. My sister, God bless her, is going to take me shopping and teach all about this stuff I hear women refer to as makeup. :) It should be fun. Gonna take more than enough protein mix and drink at least two shakes a day, morning and night. We'll be running around during the day so getting 3 in might be too difficult BUT y'know, Texas=barbecue so I will eating a lot of that and Mexican food.

Ok, here's a weird thing, probably the weirdest post-DS side effect that I've experienced and I haven't really heard or read about anyone else dealing with this. Since about 6 months from surgery on I've had a problem where it seems like I guess I've lost weight in my throat (if that makes any sense) such that my swallowing mechanism doesn't close as tightly as it did pre-surgery. For awhile there, I would, every now and then, have an episode where I was drinking or eating and water or food would seemingly go down the wrong pipe, so to speak. It doesn't happen very often now, but maybe once a quarter or something like that. I guess I've gotten used to swallowing harder or something. I thought I'd mention it and put it out there just in case someone else had the same thing happen. I don't know, it could just be me.

Alrighty then, time for food!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger HD Silversmith said...

I *so* hear you on the Spanx fit. Mine come down to my knees now. Still wear 'em, though: I'm cheap, they're not, and hey, I figure they just keep more of me smooth under light-weight clothing.

Don't have the swallowing thing, though. I bet it *does* come from the early post-op days when swallowing takes more effort, energy. and thought generally.

September 9, 2008 at 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home