31 August 2008

Woo-hoo!

Weighed in at 237.2 lbs this morning! Down another 2.6 lbs. Total loss of 279.4 lbs.

Tomorrow is the US 10K Classic and I just got back from picking up my number. I'm going to carb up today, but I don't really want to since the weight is coming off nicely. I will and get right back on track after the race. I'll be honest, I do not like this race, 99% of that opinion comes from my previous experience, but I was talking to a guy who organizes races across Georgia and he doesn't like it either. He said it was a tough race and there is no shade along the way and he's right. I think that is one of the reasons why I liked the Peachtree so much better, parts of it were shaded and there were a ton more water sprays. This one is all out in the blazing sun. Ugh. Anyway, I will do it and get my qualifier for the Peachtree and be done with it. I just want to, again, not be last, and finish under 1:45.

I'm thinking that I will only weigh on the weekends since they are the only time I can really clear my plumbing before I step on the scale, it just doesn't happen during the week because I still have my 7:00-7:30 AM poop and I'm at work by then. We'll see how weekly weigh-ins work and we'll see if I can actually stick to it. :)

Random thought: I'm still not used to people just randomly talking to me out of the blue. I was standing in line for my number and a guy just started chit-chatting with me. He completely surprised me. That never happened when I was 500+ lbs. It's funny how invisible I felt when I was that big.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Enjoy the race Tia! :)

I agree with you about people making small talk with you. This NEVER happened to me at 393 pounds. It was almost like people were afraid of getting fat just by talking to me, like it was the flu or something. Many people make conversation with me now.

Tiffany

August 31, 2008 at 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home