30 August 2008

Year Two

Wow. I can't believe it's been that long. Year 1 was all about "wow, so many changes" and year 2, as it turns out, was all about really coming into my own. Although, I've gone on and on about what's on the scale, but what the scale said turned out to be secondary or even tertiary to the growth and development I've gone through. I left a job I hated, ditched some toxic people out of my life, ran two 10Ks, started playing tennis (which I love), went to the Caribbean, bought clothes at regular stores and gained a lot of confidence.

I truly feel that I've had the journey I've needed to have and have no real regrets, I know I've could have been more strict and diligent along the way, but that's with anything. The idea is keep moving forward, the only time you ever fail is when you stop trying and stop working at it. This -- health and wellness -- is a lifelong endeavor and so I don't think there will ever be a time when I will say "I'm done". I will always have to put my body's needs first and that's a good thing. Seeing a specific number on the scale is a good and honest goal for me, but what is most important and critical for long term success (and happiness) is to maintain being a healthy, vibrant and as enthusiastic about life as I can. I can say, unequivocally, that the Duodenal Switch with Dr. Joao Marchesini has given me that and I am eternally grateful and humbled.

My starting weight was 516.6 lbs, my weight this morning, a new low of 239.8 lbs for a total loss of 276.8 lbs in two years. That's pretty awesome!

I'm happy. Knowing what I need daily in regards to nutrition, hydration, supplementation and exercise, I'm confident I can lose down to goal, just takes a little dedication and some consistency, but I will get there. I'll be there at the end of the year.

I have so many people to thank, but I won't list them all as I'm bound to leave someone off, y'all know who y'all are! I'll say a heartfelt thank you to all of you, it's like they say, no one gets there alone!

I don't have any big celebratory plans today. I'm fixin' to head out to the tennis courts for a bit, then I'm going to go try to find a new tennis bag, some more of those energy beans and then it's a full day of college football! I may run out today to go pick up my race number or may leave that til Sunday. Tomorrow I'm hanging out with a friend that I haven't seen in awhile and then I'll figure out some carb-loading dinner plans. I'm thinking pasta of some kind.

I don't know what Year 3 will be like, but it will be interesting, I know that much!

Woo-hooo!!!!!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I'm so happy for you and proud of you and inspired by you.

August 30, 2008 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Lisa Williams said...

Congratulations on your success! You are truly an inspiration to me. I've been encouraged since the first time I read your blog and met you at support group meeting.

August 31, 2008 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

T-

You are the bomb. What a inspiring bost. You are an inspiration to me always. Year three will be interesting because it just keeps getting better.

Wow, I love the whole new low. Rock ON!!!

September 2, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home