01 September 2008

I rock.

Got back from the US 10K Classic about two and a half hours ago. It was awesome, mostly because of the weather - overcast and breezy! Perfection! I can't believe I am actually typing these words, but I felt totally fine afterwards, in fact - brace yourselves - I actually ran the last 200 yards! I actually ran across the finish line! I'm not sure what my time was, I think in the 1:55 range which is about 35 minutes faster than last year. I would have liked to have done better, but the hills on this course are killer so I'm happy. Most importantly, I was nowhere near last! I was paranoid for a second that I might be, but there were several hundred people behind me by the time I finished.

This is the first time, in God only knows how long, that I felt like I was more fit than I thought I was, I mean, I was passing people going up the hills, people who were much smaller than me! Craziness! The last two races, I was definitely spent by the end, but not this time. I carb loaded yesterday and tried to be smart about things this morning. I think it worked because I wasn't totally exhausted. It was kinda cool.

The only downside is the after effects of carb loading... ugh. My innards are NOT happy with me right now. Thankfully they have the rest of the day to toss and turn and hopefully will have settled down by tomorrow AM. Right now, I'm supposed to be "working" but me thinks it's nap time...I did get up at 4:30 this morning!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on!! *clapping*

That is fantastic. I'm really...proud of you.

Jules

September 2, 2008 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

T-

Way to conquer you demons from last year. Great Job! You set a goal and you did it. You don't let things stand in your way. I am so PROUD of you!

September 2, 2008 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Tia,

Congratulations on your impressive performance!!! You continue to inspire me!

:)
Tiffany

September 6, 2008 at 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home