11 October 2008

Awesome Deal!

So I went to Best Buy with the intent of purchasing a DVI-to-HDMI adaptor for my use with my Dell Studio laptop and my two 22" monitors. The plan was to use one VGA connection for one monitor and the DVI for the other monitor. Anyway, so I get there and I'm strolling around the laptop section and see the returns table of open box computers and I see several Macs and in particular I see a salesperson talking up a Macbook Pro to this other customer. I made my way over to the other side of the table trying to see if there were any other Macbook Pro's around. There were not and when I heard the price, I was immediately filled with regret. Had I been over there 2 minutes earlier, I would have seen the computer and snagged it. Anyway, it didn't take much convincing and the customer was, of course, sold. I was bummed, but I thought "ask the salesperson" so I was like "hey, do you have any more Macbook Pro's?" and he said "Yes!" and I was like "holy crap!" So, he goes back and 5 minutes later, he brings back a Macbook Pro that was recently sold and had to be returned. The price was $1599 and I said "I'll take it." This computer retails for $2000 and it initially was the one I really wanted, but didn't get because it was a little outside of my budget. $1600 is much more like it. I think the price was cut more than normal because Apple is about to release the next version of the Macbook Pro, but that's fine by me. I plan on selling my Studio 15 plus one of the 22" monitors and should get somewhere between $1000-$1200 which would be absolutely perfect! I am a happy girl! My Studio 15 was okay, but it had Vista installed and I'm not a fan of Vista, the operating system is okay, my biggest beef is that some of the software I like to run doesn't run on Vista so I either had to do a lot of remoting onto servers or had to use different computers. With my Mac, now I can run Parallels or VMWare and run Windows XP as well as the Mac OS so it's all good! I will have ever thing I want on one machine. Awesome! It's funny how things work out.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, congratulations -- that's a steal-a-deal! I went for a MacBook Pro when my department hired me and had to give me a computer, and I like it a lot.

I work on both Mac and PC platforms, so it's great.

October 11, 2008 at 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home