02 November 2008

Big things on the horizon.

I've had one hell of a week, a good one, but it's been crazy. The biggest thing is that I've decided to start working toward starting a business - again. I've had a couple of opportunities fall in my lap this week AND I've had one of the vendors I used to work with at my old company practically begging me to develop a new version of the software I wrote so that they can offer it to their customers. I had been slowing working toward making the decision to get back into the game but the developments of the past week really solidified it for me. This time around, the business will be completely on my terms, no more crazy business partners to deal with. Speaking of, I hear things aren't going so well with the company now that I'm gone. Big shock ... not. One of the three programmers that were hired is threatening to bolt. Sigh. She has managed to drive him absolutely crazy in a little over 3 months. What a mess. I am soooo glad I have nothing to do with that crap.

I engaged in some serious retail therapy Friday. I was lacking in the fall/winter clothing department and desperately needed to stock the closet which also means I had to empty it out of the latest batch of clothes that don't fit anymore. Craziness. I am now comfortably in size 16's pants. I picked up quite a few sweaters and shirts from Old Navy. I then went to Lane Bryant and picked up a few more things. This is the most I've spent on clothes in a long, long time. Part of the reason is because I feel like I need to dress the part. The idea of getting back to what I love - starting/running my own business - is envigorating and now that the opportunity is right at my feet and now that I feel so much more confident about myself, I want to look the part. I want to look and feel like a CEO. I worked hard to get myself into and graduate from a top 20 school and I've worked hard to be good at what I do and to try to learn as much as I can and build good relationships so I just feel like all these little things in my life are coming together. I just want to look on the outside, how I feel on the inside. Here are some pics of some of the outfits (Note: my head looks enormous):







I voted Friday as well, took three hours, but I'm glad I got it done, now I can spend Tuesday freaking out without the added pressure of actually having to go wait probably like 5 hours to go vote.

I forgot to give an update of Month 26, but I ended up at 231.4 lbs. For a total loss of 285.2 lbs. Not as much as I wanted, but I am dealing with the Big C (still) and some water retention issues. I've been a little lax with the 3 protein shakes a day, been only getting 2 so I'm going to put more effort in making sure I get that third one in.

This week I have training at work Tuesday-Thursday and I'm a little worried about getting my food in, there are long periods of lectures and group work, I can't exactly chug down a protein shake in the middle of it. I'll just have to be sure that pre- and post- training and during lunch, I get my protein in.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord. HELLO, GORGEOUS!!!! You're tall, slender, and amazing-looking, and all your hard work, determination, and grit have PAID OFF!!!

Okay, I'm picking my jaw back up off the floor now.

(And your head does NOT look enormous, I promise -- you're just used to it sitting on top of a much larger body.)

Yay on the business stuff. I so don't know how to go about entrepreneurial goals, and I admire those who do.

Oh, and I hear you about Tuesday. I'm grateful I voted absentee for the same reason (i.e., " ...now I can spend Tuesday freaking out without the added pressure of actually having to go wait probably like 5 hours to go vote").

November 2, 2008 at 10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I am blown away. You look fantastic.

Years ago I lost about ninety pounds and I've mostly kept it off. The initial weight I reached was a bit too low for me to comfortably maintain, and I gained a little back. Since then, I do sometimes drift up a bit, then rein it in and go back down, but for the most part I've kept off most of the weight and maintained within a healthy and happy range.

The reason I tell you this is that all these years later I still sometimes struggle with how I look versus how I FEEL about how I look. I still sometimes don't see or feel myself as I truly am, probably from years of carrying around not only physical excess weight but all the emotional baggage weight that went with it.

I can't imagine you don't sometimes feel the same disconnect, especially after losing so much in a relatively short period of time. So in case you don't really see yourself, I just want to tell you that you are trim and beautiful.

November 3, 2008 at 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that argyle shirt/sweater combo at LB last week. It's cute and "you're workin' it, girl." :-D

You look amazing.

Macy's has a Macy's "woman" if you'll be looking for some high-quality suits. Nordstrom also has a plus-size department (I believe to size 22), so try there, also. And if you're wearing a 16, you can probably shop at most "regular" stores now.

How cool is that?

Congratulations!!

I can't wait for it to be November 5th...........argh!

Jules

November 3, 2008 at 7:33 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

You look beautiful! very professional, too. Congratulations! and your head looks just fine!

November 4, 2008 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! You look AMAZING TIA!!! I am in awe!

Tiffany

November 7, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home