22 October 2008

Death by sucralose???

In my effort to reduce the amount of carbs in my day to day life over the past two years, I realized that I am consuming a frightening amount of artificial sweeteners, namely Splenda. I should probably try to reduce it, it can't possibly be good for me. Let's see....I have three protein shakes a day. They have some kind of artificial sweetener, so I can't do anything about that. The problem comes with my morning cups of coffee, I hate to admit this but in my 16-18 oz cup of coffee, I use like 7 Splenda packets. Yep, I like my coffee super sweet. Then, I buy these sugar free drink mixes at Kroger or Walmart. I don't think they use Splenda, but whatever it is, it's probably a good amount.

Yikes! Giving it up or greatly reducing my consumption of fake sugars is going to be tough. They really, *really* help with my sweet tooth, but I'm starting to get paranoid about the potential damage that fake crap could be causing, y'know. I mean, it can't be completely harmless, can it?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home