26 October 2008

Good stuff.

Had a good weekend, got a ton of sleep Friday night, something like 10 hours, I must have been tired. All my football teams won so I am happy about that. Went to tennis practice today although I had decided I'd rather just be a vegetable and not go, but at the last minute, I went. It's funny, I still find myself trying to talk myself out of going places and doing things, at least now I can talk myself back into going and doing. I had fun and slowly, but surely, I can see some real progress. I've been working on my mobility -- making sure to stay on my toes, knees bent, racket out in front of me, eyes up. There are so many things to keep track of that it is only with practice that it'll come together. I will probably pick up a Thursday night drills class. It's for 2 hours (yes, quite the workout) and I think if I do that and do two one hour sessions a week with a ball machine, that'll be plenty of exercise for me. I've also thought about my evening commutes. If I leave 1/2 hour earlier, I can walk the 1.5 miles to the main bus terminal which is 3-4 stops before my usual one and that'll give me a bit more exercise without costing me any more time. I will definitely think about it. It'll only suck if I am lugging a bunch of stuff which is not that often or if the weather sucks, but then I can just go to the nearest stop and call it a day.

I have been having crazy abdominal issues and I'm not sure why. My diet hasn't changed much, but I've had alternating D and then C. It's weird. The only thing I can think of is maybe it's due to the fact that I had stopped taking probiotics and have been trying to mitigate the constipation with a combination of magnesium oxide, stool softeners and Milk of Magnesia. I haven't had any low carb tortillas or any low carb bread which maybe be causing my constipation. If nothing else, it was a good source of fiber BUT it caused a good bit of gas. My stomach is constantly noisy, lots of rumbling going on and it's not all hunger based. Hmmm, I dunno, I'm just going to try to keep my eating real clean this week to see if things settle down.

I think I have found my next pet project and I'm fairly excited about it. It'll take some time to spec out and more time to build, but I think it'll be cool. In the meantime, I am going to implement a smaller proof of concept idea which shouldn't take me long to do. It's a little application that I built some time ago that has been helpful to me that I think others might find helpful as well. As much as I love the relatively easy corporate life, I eventually want to get back to running my own thing and this time I want to do it right.

Alrighty then, time to go do laundry and make my lunches for the week! Being prepared makes life during the week so much easier, sometimes it's pain to spend the time on the weekend doing it, but it's paying off. I'm looking forward to reporting a good loss for October which just confirms for me that the DS window doesn't necessarily always close after 18 months. With a little effort, you can lose more weight and get closer to your goal.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home