09 February 2009

Life Happens....

First, congrats to Tiffany on her engagement! I am thrilled to tears for her! She rocks!

Second, yes, I am still alive. Seems I am liking the living my life thing. I have been happily busy with stuff, from work to family and everything in between. Been playing a lot of tennis lately which has been fun. I actually joined a team (gasp) and our season starts in a couple of weeks so we've been practicing. It feels good to say I play a sport. Who would've thunk it!

Yesterday I bought a size medium unisex t-shirt. How freakin' crazy is that? It is a little snug, but that may just be me being self conscious about it. Incredible. I also bought some size XL unisex athletic pants. Boggles the mind. I'm having to retire my 2XL's which had been baggy, but comfortable, now they are a little too baggy. I'm consistently in 12/14's on top and 16's on the bottom. I can see those 16's slowly transitioning into 14's at some point.

Weight has been steady in the 230's although I think I may tone down the carbs and such and may try to trim down a bit. I've been getting a little frustrated playing tennis when I can't move as fast as I want to. It's funny how tennis is the only thing that makes me want to lose more weight even though I'm pretty content where I am. My motivation is to be a good tennis player and if it means dropping pounds, so be it. I don't have a set weight in mind, I just want to feel agile and lighter on my feet. Not surprisingly, I feel better when I eat better.

My ex-business partner has gone into full on crazy mode. She'd been emailing me regularly since I left and I finally had enough so I basically had to, quite bluntly, shut her down. She did not like it and sent me a crazy email, but I am ignoring her. I can't out manipulate her so my best bet is to ignore at all costs. I next expect her to start trying to get to me through other people, it's just a matter of time. I almost pity her, she's a sad, sad woman. Oh, and get this! She had the nerve to tell me that to truly have nothing to do with her (which I stated emphatically, numerous times) that I should return to her all my shares in the company! Uh....no.

Anyway, besides her, life is pretty awesome. The DS has been a blessing and I just continue to try to find my way through the world.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia, are you on Facebook, by any chance? I've taken down my blog but I'd love to stay in touch with you.

I'm still reading *your* blog, of course, and you've got my email address (alm1961@gmail.com). Uf you're on Facebook, I'll email you my name and you can look for me.

I just don't want to lose touch with DSers as we all move forward in our lives and experience the DS at X, Y, or Z years out, you know?

xo
Alison

February 10, 2009 at 8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell BP she can buy you out and set a high price. Maybe she will do it.

February 10, 2009 at 10:31 PM  
Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

I agree with Kimmer! :) I am sorry that you are having to deal with that.

A size medium...that is AWESOME!!! I am so proud of you for finding a sport and sticking with it. I know you will reach the level that you want to with the sport.

Thanks for the congrats on the engagement. Part of it is still sinking in with me.

:)
Tiffany

February 15, 2009 at 8:52 AM  
Blogger Aussieabroad said...

Hey Tia,

After going into self imposed exile for 9 months I just wanted to pop by and say ...wow... you continue to be an inspiration.

I am back to basics and loving... nah... liking it...lol. Like you, finding my way in the world.

Take care

Ann

February 17, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home