07 August 2006

Emotional

This weekend I found myself oddly emotional. I confessed to my older sister that I had a "I want my mommy" moment. What a strange thing. Ultimately what I was feeling was a sense of wanting to be close to my mom and dad, to be in a space where I feel completely comfortable and embraced. My parents have been super. I couldn't ask for anything more out and of them, their love and support gives me such strength and confidence that I am doing the right thing.

I have less than 2 1/2 weeks before I board that plane to Brazil and I've covered a lot of what I had needed to do. I have planned a small get together with my close friends, kinda like a kick off dinner for the new me. I dread being overly emotionaly and weepy, but I don't think I can reign all the emotions in. I'm really going to try to put my fear aside and once again, put it in God's hands. He hasn't failed me yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home