12 August 2006

Freaking Out

I want my mommy. There I said it because that's how I feel right now. It's less than two weeks before I hop on a plane and my emotions are starting to get a little bit out of control. I'm excited and happy to be finally getting this done, but the reality of it all is sinking in and it's just..... a lot to deal with.

I can't lie, I'm scared. I've never had surgery before and I'm just really afraid of the unknown. Intellectually I know I will be ok, emotionally, I'm not so sure. I mean I nearly freaked out when I had my wisdom tooth, one tooth mind you, pulled. In fact, I cried even. Oy vey.

Good news is that my best friend is flying in from Philly to hang out with me next weekend and I can't wait for him to come. He is one of my oldest friends and he'll be such a comfort to me for sure.

One thing I have been thinking about lately are the long flights to and from Brazil. Both are overnights so I am thinking given the current state of affairs that I will pack really light for my carry on bag, take a bottle of Tylenol PM and just go night-night. I had been considering a portable DVD player or an iPod, but I think it would just be best to pick up a $10 neck pillow and literally call it a night. Sounds like a plan to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home