21 August 2006

Mourning

Something horrible happened Thursday, my brother Kenny passed away. I don't even know what else to say. It's early Monday morning and instead of sleeping in my old bedroom at my parent's house, I'm sitting here writing this in Atlanta, trying to keep it together for the next few weeks. I talked to my parents and many of my family members and they all said I should continue on to Brazil and not come home. At first I thought it was the best thing, but right now, all I want to do is go home and be with my family. Kenny was 54 years old, morbidly obese, a diabetic and lived a sedentary lifestyle. All signs lead to a massive heart attack. Above anything else, his death is giving me the big huge giant wake-up calls of wake-up calls. Frankly, I just don't want to die like that. I really don't, so I must go to Brazil. I need to, no matter how hard it is right now.

This is all incredibly difficult and I am just really trying to stay strong and focused.

Anyway, I have no idea how many of you out there read this blog, but I'd really appreciate some prayers and good vibes sent this way. I think I need it and I know my family does.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your brother, I can't even fathom how difficult this must be for you to head to Brazil during this time.

As a side note, I noticed you mentioned Dennis Smith. He is my surgeon, and I am scheduled for surgery on the 31st. I was at the support group meeting with the psych. dr. I wish I could put the face and name together!

Good luck on everything and stay strong!

August 21, 2006 at 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey T-

You have really gone through so much in the last 2 weeks. Please stay strong. You are making a positive change for the better. You are creating a new life for yourself.

My prayers are being lifted for you.

K

August 22, 2006 at 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home