21 November 2006

Weirdness

Since surgery, every single time that I have thrown up it was because of eating too fast and having that sensation that food was stuck in my throat and was coming up anyway. Actually it feels like there is a giant air bubble between my stomach and food in my throat and I have to burp, but if I burp, it means I'm hurling. Today something weird happened. I ate about an hour and a half ago, a couple of enchiladas left over from lunch. I then ate my two Calcium Citrate wafers. A good half hour later, I'm dancing around the house with my newly purchased iPod and I get this funky feeling in my stomach and then my mouth starts to generate copious amounts of saliva. Whenever my mouth starts to salivate like that, I know something is coming up. It was the weirdest feeling because it almost felt like my stomach seized up on me, like it was spasming or something. It's hard to describe and I can't recall feeling like that before. I make a bee-line to the kitchen sink and upchuck my calcium citrate. It was too late for the enchiladas. I feel a little perplexed. I don't know if it was the dancing or not, but I had been dancing for a good 10-15 mins and I never felt that food stuck in my throat feeling.

I'm not sure what just happened, but it is definitely a little disconcerting.

Ugh. On a less gross note, I have been given the opportunity to do two big photography projects in the coming weeks. The first one is straight forward, I am doing a shoot for a family of 5. They had considered a setup like Olan Mills, but had seen some of my previous work and have asked me to do the photography. My previous work consisted of a set of photographs I had taken last year of my business partner's two daughters and pictures I had taken at her family reunion. She didn't have any recent pictures of her kids together so I arranged an informal shoot and they pictures came out great. I also picked a few pictures from the set I took at their reunion and had them printed. It turned out to be a HUGE hit, especially the family reunion pics because it was the last time my business partner and her siblings were together with their mother as their mom passed away a couple of months later. Anyway, I converted all the pics to B&W and bought 5 or 6 nice frames and gave them to BP for X-Mas last year. She cried and cried.

The second project is BP's wedding on Christmas Eve. This one I am nervous about. I've been the unofficial picture taker at birthday parties, reunions, even a funeral, but never a wedding. I worry that my camera isn't good enough, that I'm not skilled enough. This is just a hobby of mine, y'know, I'm no professional. Yes, the wedding will be pretty low-key, but still. Ugh, the only thing I can think to do is practice in the meantime. I gotta admit though, I am super excited! I love photography. I wish I could do it for a living. Anyway, I have a couple of unique ideas about the wedding. I have these two "toy" cameras that take awesome, sorta atmospheric, moody pictures and I can't wait to utilize those. My digital one will be the primary camera, but hopefully I'll have the opportunity to experiment.

Geez, I better order some film

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home