15 November 2006

X-Mas

It's 5:30 in the morning. I've been up for an hour and a half. Can't sleep. Sigh.

$400-$500. That's how much it'll cost me to go home for Christmas. Where's home? Texas. I really want to go home. I miss my family, especially my mama. I haven't seen her since January of this year. I saw my dad just over a month ago. I think she is desperate to see me too. I have this lingering feeling that she'll feel a little after she actually has undeniable visual proof for herself that I am indeed okay.

Brazil was not cheap, by no means. I have the money, but I am kinda debating about whether I should wait til maybe the spring when airfares aren't so high. I don't know. The other thing is that I am not too keen on getting on a freakin' airplane right about now. I had enough of that crap with my six going to and coming from Brazil. Plus, there is the whole seat issue. Here's the thing, I can book a normal reservation where there's a stop in either Dallas or Houston, this will cost around $400. If I opt for the non-stop from Atlanta to my destination, the flight will cost a little over $500. I'd gladly pay the money for the nonstop, but I'd have to be positive the flight was empty enough so that I could have an empty seat next to me.

Good grief.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aussieabroad said...

If Xmas doesn't work out how about sending your Mama a ticket so she can come and spend some with you just after Xmas when the prices go way down?

Me - I would vote to go. I love Xmas and it's so much better if you're with people you love.

November 15, 2006 at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home