09 November 2006

Enchilalas

Tuesday, I made an enchilada casserole. Yum, yum and yum some more. I love Mexican food. Growing up in a border town I've been exposed to it since I could eat solid food. Cheese enchiladas are my favorite food above everything and anything else. I affectionately call them "enchilalas". I could eat them everyday, but given my new internal plumbing, I had make some changes to the recipe. First of all, I added plenty of ground beef, had to get the protein way up, just using cheese wasn't going to cut it. I then substituted regular corn tortillas with large low-carb whole wheat ones. These things have like 19 grams of carbs, 14 grams of which is fiber. Good stuff. The miracle of all miracles is that I actually found a good enchilada sauce in the grocery store. It was spicy and had multidimensional flavor. It'll be my sauce of choice from now on. Anyway, I made a small 13x13 tray of it and it should last me the rest of the week.

Foodwise, I am still plowing along. Eating well, staying away from carbs, getting in my water and supplements. This morning I weighed in at 442.2, hopefully I'll be out of the 440s by the end of the weekend. I'm only 0.6 lbs away from a total loss of 75lbs in about 10 weeks. Can you believe that???? Freakin' amazing. I'd love to see 416.6 by the end of the year. That would mean 100 lbs lost in 4 months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home