24 October 2006

I heart DS

I frequent the ObesityHelp.com messageboards quite a bit, especially the Duodenal Switch board, they are, afterall my homies. I've noticed that many people who had surgery within a month or so are straight up raving about their DS, how much they love it. Me? I'm not there yet. I'm not sure what I feel completely about it. I'm very happy to have had it, but for me this is still a test. I'm not 100% convinced it will get me to where I want to be. Call me jaded, but at least I understand why I'm this way. First of all, my weight today is a weight I've been in the recent past so although it's a nice and welcome change from 516, it's not entirely new to me. Second, ... well, there is no second, that's pretty much it. When I first came to Atlanta 9 years ago, I weighed 404 lbs. In early January 2001, I weighed 424 and by the summer had lost down to around 370-375 through low-carbing and Body-for-Life. I think when I get down to 369 is when I can start really loving my DS because I will know it has taken me somewhere I know I could not have gone myself. Who knows, it may be sooner than that. It may be when I leave the 400's for good. It'll be good to say I'll never be 400 lbs again.

At least now I can say I'll never be 500 lbs again and I definitely thank my DS for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home