20 October 2006

First Wow Moment

I don't think I am unusual in that although I've lost somewhere between 55-65 lbs, I don't feel any different and I don't notice that much of a difference, especially for someone of my size. It's just going to take a little more before I will be able to say "Goddang, I'm shrinkin'", but yesterday I had my first wow moment and I must share. Like I mentioned before, I attended my bariatric surgery support group meeting last night and because a friend and great supporter and role model of mine was leading the group, I decided to sit up front. Well, when I sat in my seat, I immediately noticed a difference, the seat wasn't entirely uncomfortable. I was shocked. All previous times I sat in those chairs, by the time I left, the area where the armrests pressed up against my hips were numbed and well on their way to being bruised. Sometimes, it was bad enough to leave marks and my skin would peel, but not last night! My ass fit in the chair! Holy crap! I couldn't believe it. No numbness, no pain, no bruising! How cool is that! Mind you I was last in those chairs a mere 4 weeks ago so even though I've been plateauing for the last 3+ weeks, I guess the inches were melting away...

A-woo-hoo!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful!

I swear, I don't think I'll ever get used to the idea that my backside fits into chairs. I'm so happy you're experiencing this thrill.

Hang in there. It just gets better and better.h

October 21, 2006 at 2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home