20 October 2006

Day 5 - Shopping

Yesterday I went to the grocery store and spent like $120. Now, I won't be spending this much $$$ every week, but this time around, I bought several things that I could have probably gotten at a Target or Wal-mart - a plastic bottle for my morning shakes, Swiffer refills, garbage bags, etc. After talking to the nutritionist last night, I felt like I needed to get more "real food" and less processed stuff, plus I was pretty determined to buy my first pot roast. I cooked the pot roast and it was delicious!!! I put in onion, two potatoes and some low sodium canned grean beans. Yum! I took 6 small plastic containers that I bought and divvied up most of the pot roast into those containers. I even measured it all out -- roughly 3 oz of cooked pot roast, a few potato chunks, a couple of slivers of onions, and about 1/4 cup of grean beans. Each serving pretty much filled each 9 oz plastic container. There's no way I could eat all 9 oz. in one sitting, but it would work divinely as two meals. I left a little bit of the roast and onions to eat over the weekend so I won't have to cook.

I also bought a tray of chicken legs. I can't deal with the thighs, believe it or not, they are too dry and my gag reflect kicks in. Dry meat does that to me now. Ugh. Anyway, I'm going to cook those in my Nesco and freeze most of it in single servings.

Yesterday's food:

B - Nectar Roadside Lemonade Protein Drink (46 grams protein)
S - EAS Protein Drink (15 grams)
L - Ground Beef Patty & two slices Mild Cheddar (32 grams)
D - 2 oz. Slow cooked pot roast, couple bites of potato/greenbeans (16 grams)
S - Two slices mild cheddar (10 grams)

Totals: 1041 calories, 60g fat, 12g carbs, 119g protein

I have to explain why two protein drinks. I had a scheduled Dr.'s appt at 11:45 AM and I left the house at 11AM sharp figuring I had about a 20-25 minute drive and I'd have a little extra time, I hate being late. Well, as soon as I got on the freeway, traffic just about stopped. There was no way I was going to make my appointment so I had to call and cancel. That totally threw my whole schedule off because I had planned on having lunch right after my appointment, but I ended being stuck in traffic forever, like an hour. I got off the first exit and headed back, but I stopped at the grocery store to do my food shopping because I knew I was running low on supplies at home. I didn't get home til like 1:30 pm and I didn't have any prepared food so in order not to pass out, I drank an EAS shake. About an hour and a half later I was eating the hamburger patty so I had a valid reason. This was hardly typical.

Anyhoo, I noticed something today. Before I left for Brazil, which I now realize I haven't talked too much about, my heartbeat was racing all the time. I think it was some form of white coat syndrome. Seriously, for a good week before through my surgery date, my heartrate was about 100-110 bpm, resting. Ridiculous, huh? I guess in my own way, I was freaking out. Well, I just took my heartrate and it's 60. Can you believe that? And I don't even exercise all that much -- I will be -- but not so far. Wow.

Well, I am hoping I am doing something right, this morning's weigh in: 460.0 lbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home