24 October 2006

Godawful

A little bit more about my doctor's appointment. I hadn't seen my PCP since I got back from Brazil and was excited to tell her all about it. Luckily, she was happy to hear it. I can't say enough about Dr. B. She's great and I found out that her office is familiar with WLS patients and although I had to do some explaining about the DS, they are ready and willing to do the things I need in order to make sure everything goes well. The only sucky thing about the whole visit was that my blood pressure was still elevated so I'm still on my BP meds. Bummer. I was hoping to be off of them, but since I only just started exercising, I'm hoping when I go in in 6 weeks for labs, et al, I will be able to get off them.

When I went to the local Eckerd's store to get my prescription filled, I always wonder the store for a few minutes because the fine folks in the pharmacy are really quick about getting things done. Anyway, I happened down into the diet section and noticed a 20 oz bottle of something called Protein Water by Stacker2 and I decided I'd buy it, take it home and see what it takes like. Well, I just finished it about 10 minutes ago and it's the most godawful tasting crap I've tasted in a long time. Blech. Be warned, it tastes like battery acid and grape Kool-Aid. I finished it though because it was replacing my usual Roadside Lemonade.

Anyway, yesterday's food:

B - EAS AdvantEdge RTD Shake (30 grams protein)
S - Low Carb tortilla w/ two slices mild cheddar (15 grams)
L - 1.5 oz. Slow cooked pot roast, couple bites of potato (13 grams)
D - Ground Beef Patty & a slice of cheddar, provolone & American cheeses (36 grams)
S - Low Carb tortilla w/ two slices mild cheddar & 2 oz pastrami (27 grams)

Totals: 1344 calories, 88g fat, 45g carbs, 121g protein

I tried to mix it up the last two days with my morning protein drink, but I think I am going to go back to old faithful - Roadside Lemonade. It just works for me. Anyway, the carbs were kinda high, but remember 23 of the 45 grams is fiber.

Today's weight: 452.8.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aussieabroad said...

Look at you go! I am so glad the scale is moving down for you again

Good luck

Ann

October 24, 2006 at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home