26 October 2006

Troubling

I had a big food day yesterday, but one thing has got me a little troubled. I had a late night snack. It's my first since the surgery. One of my old vices. I thought I was hungry, now I am not so sure. It's worrisome because I don't want to resume any old pre-op habits. I don't want food to be a comfort. I am usually done eating around 8 pm and am usually well satisfied, but for some reason, I thought I could use a snack. All it was was a simple quesadilla made with cheddar cheese & a low carb tortilla, but if this becomes a pattern it could easily turn to something more nefarious. Thank God above that I have no interest in sweets right now. My two forays into grits did not end well - lots and LOTS of deadly gas. Plus, everything is tastes so much sweeter now. I was drinking Crystal Light at support group last week and I swear it tasted candy sweet to me. Gross. Before surgery, I didn't really like it cause it tasted not sweet enough!

I think that fact that I'm worried about all this is a good thing because I don't want to fail, I want to change my mind along with my body.

Yesterday's food:

B - Nectar Roadside Lemonade Protein Drink (46 grams protein)
S - Low Carb tortilla w/ pastrami & mild cheddar (27 grams)
L - Ground Beef Patty & a slice of cheddar, provolone & American cheeses (36 grams)
S - Low Carb tortilla w/ 1.5 oz. Slow cooked pot roast, couple bites of green beans & potato (27 grams)
D - Low Carb tortilla w/ two slices mild cheddar (15 grams)

Totals: 1602 calories, 109g fat, 36g carbs, 151g protein

Wow, that's a lot of protein and calories but I still weighed in at 450.4. Like I said, I am a little worried, but not freaking out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great protein day T!!!

I like those high fats too.

You are a bread girl.

Keep rolling those pounds are coming off!

October 28, 2006 at 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home