12 November 2006

Goals

I have intentionally stayed away from establishing specific goals as far as my weightloss is concerned. I don't want to set myself up for any disappointments, but as time goes on and weight comes off, I feel like it might be good to establish something to look forward to. Next year there are three semi-big events that I am looking to attending. The first is my 10 year college reunion. At my school, they have this big weekend long to do for all alumni celebrating -5 or -0 reunions (5, 10, 15 etc). Typically there are several thousand alumni who come into town, many with their spouses and kids and spend a weekend catching up with their peers, running around campus and some even take seminars or renew their vows, crap like that. I am seriously thinking about going next year. I talked to my best friend with whom I graduated and he's only mildly interested. The thing is, unless you go with a group of friends, there isn't much to do unless you're just really into spending a couple of nights in the dorms and walking around campus all day. The big motivator for me, actually, is that I would love to be able to walk around and take pictures. The campus is flat out one of the most picturesque in the country... plus I need to stock up on Alumni gear. The downside is that no one knows about my surgery and I'm not sure I'd be ready to go into in that environment. I will be just over 9 months post op by then. I have no idea how much I'll weigh, but I am hoping to be 310-320 lbs by then.

The second thing is I want to go to the opening football of above mentioned alma mater. My best friend is totally down for that. I went last year and although I had a ton of fun, it was the trip that really made me start to consider weight loss surgery. Getting around was tough, I was easily tired and uncomfortable. I love these football weekends and I knew that if I were much smaller, I'd have a much, much better time. The first game is usually in early September and I would love to be 250 lbs for it. The weekend is so fun-filled that there aren't a lot of opportunities for me to be hounded by questions about my dramatic weight loss.

The last event is our family reunion in October. I am in my element when I am around my whole family. I am definitely going and it'll be interesting to see people's reactions. I won't have a problem talking about my surgery here, but I don't want it to be the center of attention. I'll be about 13 1/2 months post by this time and I hope to be around 225-250. This is the weight Dr. M said I would be in about a year.

My only other little goal is to be 399.8 by January 1st. I weighed in at 438.8 this morning and January 1st is exactly 50 days away. That would be 39 lbs in a little over 7 weeks, which is a rate of about 5.6 lbs a weeks. It's doable, but even a 2-4 day stall could mess it all up. If I make it, then big woo-hoo, if not, I won't be upset. I'd be estatic to hit 416.6 by the end of the year because that will mean I will have hit the century mark.

Update: I forgot to mention one thing. My dream of dreams. Dr. M. said that I should expect to end up around 200 lbs after all is said and done, even post plastic surgery. I really, really want to get down to like 170-175. At 200 lbs, I'll still be considered overweight and I would just be absolutely delighted beyond belief to be "normal".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home