20 November 2006

Walking

Had a great time at support group meeting, as always. The last time I went I was in the midst of a three week stall and was a little desperate. I lost around 27 lbs since the last meeting so I guess that was enough for there to be a difference in how I looked as I got a lot of comments on how I looked. One lady said she didn't even recognize me! Whaaaat???? Me thinks maybe it was my hair that threw her off. I curled it all nice and pretty yesterday.

Oh how times change. Like I mentioned in a previous entry, that stall taught me a lot. This morning I weighed 435.2 lbs. I will probably end the month with around 18-20 lbs lost. Not bad. ;)

I had a conversation with a friend of mine about my progress. She stressed that I needed to really be more active, especially since I work from home. Walking around my house throughout the day is not enough. Riding my bike for 15 mins is not enough, so I decided that starting today I would go to the nearby park and walk their long walking path and that's exactly what I did. Took me about 25-30 mins to complete the entire circuit. I have no idea how long it is, but it is long. I'll have to look it up to see how long the trail is. I started to get tired just past the 1/2 way mark and I looked back and was like, dang, I gotta walk all the way back, but I did it and it feels good. I tell you one thing, it certainly gets the innards moving and I headed straight to the bathroom as soon as I walked in the door!

I have to make a confession. Friday, while I was loading the dishwasher I noticed that the kitchen sink was gurgling and a foul order was emitting from it's depths. Gross. Long story short, looks like I have a clog or some crap going on in my pipes. It's weird because the hall bath toilet was backing up a little and would gurgle as well, but my master bath toilet and shower have been fine. Anyway, this whole thing totally stressed me out yesterday. I hate crap like that. I don't like having house or car issues that I can't fix myself. I hate the feeling of ignorance and ineptitude about certain things like plumbing or transmissions. I was peeved all day and for the first time, I got that familiar pang of wanting to eat crappy food in order to soothe my stress. It was unexpected for sure. I didn't do anything about it except obsess about it for a few hours and then I decided to just take the rest of the night off and just caught up on my TV shows that I've been recording all week.

I don't like that I am having those feelings, but I suppose it's normal now that life with the DS is becoming more and more normal. It's not as all consuming as it once was. The big question for me is what will my coping mechanism be? I will, of course, continue to write here and talk things out, but it's still worrisome.

Ok, a little wow moment. This morning I noticed my boobs stick out further than my stomach! Ha!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home