06 December 2007

Happy, fun time!

I have had a really great day. Really great! Why? I went to lunch with two good friends and had an absolutely wonderful time. Nothing spectacular happened, we didn't collectively discover the meaning of life, we had a good meal at a good restaurant on brisk winter's day in midtown Atlanta. God, I didn't realize how much I missed doing that kind of thing. It was soul enriching. I miss those guys and from what I can tell, we all miss each other and the fun we used to have hanging out. Also, it's funny how because I was feeling so uplifted, that it was so much easier to make good food choices. For lunch I had fish, garlic green beans and a couple of spoonfuls of some mediocre mac & cheese. I also had a Diet Coke and a glass of water. The fish was fantastic, y'know it's funny, I can probably tell you how many times I've voluntarily chosen fish in my adult life pre-surgery....zero. I never, ever had it. Never. Shrimp I would do occasionally, but fish never, ever, ever. Now, it seems like one out of every 3-5 restaurant meals I have is some kind of fish.

Anyway, I feel great! That sounds hokey, but it's true! We have tentative plans to get together for dinner next week to include their spouses and kids. Can't wait. BTW, I totally looked cute today. I love days like this, when the clothes and the hair (and the mood) come together in like this perfect storm of cuteness. I was and am quite happy about it. I didn't dress up or anything, I wore a pair of jeans, my pink t-shirt and my new red Old Navy Performance Fleece half-zip pullover. Nothing fancy, but I felt like just another young 30-something in midtown Atlanta. I didn't feel like I stood out at all. Awesome!

Being social is good for me...

The last time I saw these two guys, was around 50-60 lbs ago and when I got to the restaurant, I happened to be facing away and my friend remarked that he didn't recognize me from behind, he said I am 1/2 the person I used to be! Can I just say that I beamed inside! The other friend, when he saw me was like "Heyyyy, woooowwww!" Pretty darn cool.

So then, like I usually do I go to the DS Board on ObesityHelp.com just to see what's going on ... big mistake, so I quickly got out of there! Yeah, someone tell me when all is normal.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! "BTW, I totally looked cute today. I love days like this, when the clothes and the hair (and the mood) come together in like this perfect storm of cuteness. I was and am quite happy about it." You go, girl! I grinned when I read this -- it made *me* feel great!

I know what you mean about the DS board at OH.com ... sadly, I took down the link to it on my blog today because it's no longer a place I feel I can recommend folks go -- and yet it was an absolutely critical lifeline and support for me as I was fighting for my DS in 2005.

Sad.

December 6, 2007 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Tia,

Doesn't it feel great to be alive? To actually be living your life? You sound so happy. I am so happy for you.

The OH website is crazy. :(
I can only be thankful that I found out info about the DS before I decided to self pay for the RNY.

Did you happen to take any pictures of your hip self yesterday?

Tiffany

December 7, 2007 at 6:56 AM  
Blogger Tia L. said...

Re: OH.com. What's really disappointing is seeing a lot of people who I admire show their true colors. At first I chocked it up to a few people having a few "high school" moments because I am sure the emotions were running high, now I see that their behavior is indicative of their true selves and I just don't get it. I don't think they realize how their actions are truly affecting the board. Oh well. Hopefully they will grow up and move on, I ain't countin' on it though.

Anyway, no, I didn't take any pictures BUT today is our company's Christmas party and I'm feeling good about it!

December 8, 2007 at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home