05 December 2007

Flip flop

How is it that "Walking Away The Pounds" is kicking my ass? Craziness! It's no joke and I have to admit to totally underestimating it's effectiveness and I'm still on one-mile! It's good though because I definitely need to build strength in my legs and thighs. I'm still trying to do around 25 minutes on my bike afterwards just to boost my cardio for the day and that's working out fine, so I am happy for now. I grabbed some 10 lb weights the other day and couldn't do 10 bicep curls. Geez, I remember when I would have thought that 10 lbs was lame.

I got my Old Navy fleece pullovers yesterday, finally! They fit great, a little loose, but fine with layers. I am wearing one right now and I love it! I'm trying not to run the heat 24/7 in my house so I am wearing a t-shirt and my pullover over it and feel nice and toasty.

I think I figured out what it is about eggs that sometimes makes me nauseous, it's the yolks. I usually scramble my eggs, but the last three mornings I have been frying them in butter with a sprinkle of salt & pepper. The whites are yummy, the yolks, not so much. I think I'm gonna maybe start eating 4 egg whites and ditch the yolks. Gross. It's weird because I go through these phases with eggs...one minute I could eat them all day long, the next, they make me gag...weird.

Tomorrow, I am meeting two good friends of mine for lunch at this really cool restaurant in midtown Atlanta. I emailed them on a whim yesterday and made plans. I've known them for a good 8 or 9 years and love their company. I saw them last in July, about 50-60 lbs ago. That should be fun and we'll probably do a dinner later next week with the rest of their families. Cool.

I've come to terms with how I am looking at "goal". It's twofold. One, it's 199 lbs which is my post-surgery weight loss goal. Hopefully, by the end of year 2, I will hit this mark. The second is 175 lbs which is my post-plastics weight loss goal. Hitting 199 means I am done and that I succeeded and beat all expectations. When it's time to work toward plastics, I may or may not lose weight in anticipation of it, I'm not sure. Dr. Marchesini told me I should consider plastics when I hit 250 lbs, I don't think so...I want to be in the best shape possible. Anyway, that's what I've decided. I am at piece with that decision. No more flip-flopping....at least I will try not to. :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Tia,

Congrats on getting into the Walk Away the Pounds! :) What type of bike are you using? A stationary or a "real" riding bike? Just curious.

Tiffany

December 5, 2007 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger Tia L. said...

I have a stationary bike I bought like 5 years ago...so glad I never tossed it!

December 5, 2007 at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home