18 November 2007

I could get used to this...

The Falcons game was great. They got their asses kicked, but what else is new? We were in a large suite with around 20 or so other folks. This being my first time in the Georgia Dome, I was filled with a good bit of awe. This was also my first professional football game and boy what a difference from the college games I am familiar with. My alma mater is pretty old school so all the music, dancing, gimmicks and Jumbotrons was an interesting change of pace. The suite was catered (of course) with a ton of food. There were barbecue ribs (this is the south), pulled pork sandwiches, hot dogs, buffalo wings, chicken wraps and a host of side items and snacks. So much good stuff and I am so proud of myself. I first had a hot dog, sans bun, about 1/4 cup of pulled pork (no bread) and a bottled water. An hour later, I then had another hot dog (no bread) and a handful of potato chips. Later, I had 5 or 6 chicken wings, a Diet Coke and 3 corn chips. Finally, I had about an inch and a 1/2 square of a lemon bar. All in all, not bad -- no bread, no alcohol, only a few chips and what amounted to 2-3 bites of the lemon bar. I'm a little proud of myself, I wasn't perfect, but was satisfied with a couple of bites of stuff and didn't need to eat a whole serving of something that I knew wasn't part of the plan.

One of the people in the suite was someone who hadn't seen me since early July. She called me skinny and hesitated, but eventually said I looked normal. She prefaced her comment by saying that she didn't want to offend me. Hmmm. I'm not offended. I just don't believe her. Ugh. I don't think I'm liking the attention so much anymore. I don't know what it is. I think it's that I do feel a little uncomfortable in my own skin and people highlighting the fact that the "old Tia" wasn't nearly as good as the "new Tia" bothers me a little. I don't know, I suppose it's all in my head.

Anyway, I did lots of walking and felt great. In the past, I would have dreaded it and heaved and hoed my way through it and would have found any and all excuses to take any available elevator or escalator. Today, I was out-pacing the rest of my group, went up and down stairs, no problem, climbed a giant hill up to the Georgia Dome like it was a stroll in the park. I enjoy this part of my weight loss the most. I don't get much enjoyment out of smaller clothes and all that, but I love the fact that on more than one occasion someone actually said "slow down" to me...ha! How freakin' awesome is that?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home